My-Hops Ingresar a tu cuenta
Recommended Buenos Aires Hostel!
PAX Hostel, Buenos Aires
Place to sleep, place to meet people, place to drink, good value, good times...no worries! We're a pretty friendly bunch, the place is clean as a whistle, and we´re conveniently located near all the good stuff.
Positioned in the historically rich quarter of San Telmo, famous for Tango, flea markets, bars, museums, and stunning architecture. Close by is the iconic Obelisco, the exquisite Recoleta, La Boca, Plaza de Mayo and Puerto Madero. To visit any other neighborhoods, the subway is advantageously only one block away. Too easy! Our address is Salta 990, Buenos Aires.
We've covered your sleeping requirements with newly renovated and refurbished Doubles, Twins, Triples and 6, 8, 10 and 12 bed dorms. For extra privacy, all dorm beds feature INDIVIDUAL CURTAINS to create your own sleep pod! All rooms have heating and air conditioning, WiFi, and lockers, while private rooms also have a flat screen TV/DVD, and ipod speakers. Along with these in-room features, guest can also kick back on the roof top terrace, sip away in our MATE LOUNGE (Mate: traditional tea from Argentina), enjoy free internet, free breakfast, a bar with daily happy hour, free bikes and FREE INTERNATIONAL PHONE CALLS to finally call home. Come say hola...or G'day
PAX Hostel Offers:
Room and Facilities
- Hot water
- Single sex and mixed dorms available
- iPod charger in all private rooms
- Free breakfast (toast, fruit, various teas, etc) until 12 pm!
- Central heating and air conditioning in all rooms
- Private lockers in all rooms
- All dorm beds feature INDIVIDUAL CURTAINS to create your own sleep pod!
- Free Wi-Fi (with access to all rooms and lobby)
- Free Internet
- Cable TV and a wide selection of DVDs
- Book exchange
- Free Bikes for you to explore Buenos Aires
- Roof top terrace to enjoy the sunshine, star gazing or a PAX barbecue
- Lots of games for rainy days
- Iron and ironing board to impress your date
- Luggage storage so you can make a day trip without having to carry your heavy bags
- Free phone calls home
- English speaking staff
- 24 hour reception
- Security 24 hours
- Safe Deposit Boxes to leave your most valuable belongings with power outlets to charge your Ipod or Camera without worrying
- Tourist information
- Reserve hostels throughout Argentina
- Cheap transfers to different terminals
- Parties and weekly barbecues
- Movie nights with free Pop Corn
- Soccer matches!
- Live shows
- Theme parties
- Mate Lounge (Mate: traditional tea from Argentina)
Security and health
- Medical care for emergencies
- Located in a Police patrolled street
- Closed circuit cameras for perimeter security
- Happy Hour Everyday!
- Tour of bars. I hope you are ready ...
- Unlike the Scissor Sisters, we always feel like dancing! We can show you all the great clubs in Buenos Aires
Address is: Salta 990 between Estados Unidos and Carlos Calvo. San Telmo Suburb.
Pax Hostel Buenos Aires | Salta 990, Buenos Aires, Argentina | Tel.: +54 11 43051400 | email@example.com
How to get to Pax Hostel from Retiro From the bus terminal (Retiro)
Cheap Option: Subway (1,10 pesos)
Once you have arrived at the bus station, enter the terminal and head right. Keep walking until you see a ramp, walk down the ramp and you?ll be outside. Turn right and walk approximately 4 minutes until you see a little flea market outside a huge old building which is the train station. In front of it, you will have the subway station. Purchase a ticket for 1,10 pesos and board the ?C? Line (also known as blue line). The subway from this stop only go one direction, so either wagon will do
In the subway, travel 6 stations (Saint Martin, Lavalle, Diagonal Norte, Avenida de Mayo, Mariano Moreno, Independencia.) You need to get off at Independencia, walk to the end of a long corridor, and exit via a staircase. Once outside, you will find a Shell service station on the corner of Estados Unidos and Lima. Continue walking down Estados Unidos until you reach Salta (only one block), turn left, and look for us at 990 Salta.
It is between the Estados Unidos street and Carlos Calvo.
In short, walk to the subway station, take line "C", get off at Independencia, look for Salta street, and walk two blocks from until you arrive at PAX.
Expensive Option: Taxi (35 pesos)Once you get off the bus, enter the Bus terminal. You will find the main hall. If you go to the first floor, and then take one of the exits, you will see the official taxis from the city of Buenos Aires (Official taxis in Buenos Aires have a yellow roof and the body of the car is painted in black). Before you get in the taxi, arrange the fare with the driver. Be aware of them saying that they will not know exactly how much it will cost and that they have a meter (this is a good excuse to make take you on the most expensive city tour you will find). The fare is roughly 35 pesos and it will take up to 30 minutes to get to the hostel.